"Now let us never speak of it again"
Says a battle-tested Marge Simpson after her family's dangerously eventful trip to Itchy and Scratchy Land (which included a stop at 'Adult Island' and T.G.I. McScratchy's Fundrinkery.) Little did she know she was speaking on behalf of Ohio sports fans in the year 2007--or as it's referred to by ThePalestra.com: "The Year Ohio Came in 2nd."
Taking a cue from ThePalestra.com, this edition of 'Eye Candy is catered to all you masochists out there who'd like to unlock suppressed memories from the year that wasn't.
Now, let us never...
Friday, December 28, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
ESPN finds clever new interpretation of SEC acronym
Not much to be said here. Tressel actually gives a comment that could be translated as *gasp* self-promoting and B-Hart continues to illustrate why he'd be much more intimidating if he didn't talk or remove his helmet and pads.
- Terrelle Pyror on Rivals Radio: TP sounds like he really phoned this one in, so to speak. It's fairly short and fun to see if u can discern any kind of tonal variation in Pryor's voice when speaking of Ohio St. A couple items of note:
- He has an official visit scheduled at Michigan.
- He claims to be legitimately considering Duke. The interviewer, in a feeble attempt to translate Terrelle's monosyllabic mumbles, brazenly states this is merely a "courtesy visit."
- Basketball is "not that important."
- He doesn't have to play immediately.
- Beanie Wells (remember? that blue chip recruit from a couple years back?) on All- Time Army All-American Bowl list
- "'This is what we do.'" Article from Baton Rouge on Buckeye culture
- Corso and Herbie talkin' shop, title game. Towards the end Corso evidently begins reading off of/ stealing from Kirk's teleprompter, though I assume this is protocol by this point in the season:
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
- No NCAA sanctions for the "violation" reported in this recycled story that had ESPN drooling for a day or so.
- Josh Jenkins officially de-commits from WVU. Swallow the left-overs for this one: if Jenkins joins the Brew-Crew group of '08, he would punctuate a class with four 5-star O-line commits.
- And this guy is on board for 2009
- Ohio St. beats Florida!!!
- Rich- Rod decides he can't bare to loose Michigan's running backs coach, perhaps ensuring Michelle Hart will be back for an unprecedented 5th straight loss to the Buckeyes.
- Louisiana postpones trail- I have no problem with this kind of good-old-boy, "justice delayed is justice served" attitude; my former Congressional District made a similar decision last year. And, after reading defense attorney Babcock's remarks, I'm glad to learn that the Louisiana judicial system is run with the professionalism of a middle school bake sale.